Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Spider Bite!

One of the hazards we gardeners face is being bitten by insects, specifically in my case, a spider!

Ironically, I was not gardening but tending to our pool when the incident occurred. I never saw it coming and by the time I realized I had been bitten the offender was long gone. I was left with two sets of fang marks on my toe which burned and itched.

My husband hunted around the pool and finally discovered a possible suspect: a green lynx spider. It looks scary enough, but is supposedly harmless (see here for further info).

A little blister developed at the site of the fang marks and itched for about 3 days. The blisters resolved and a week later look like tiny scabs. I have some numbness and tingling limited to the area around the bite (which is not an official reported symptom, but I'm reporting it now!). I think I can safely now say I will not need to have my toe amputated! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...