Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Luna Moth Chronicles: Day 12

I have a sad tragedy to report. Luna larvae #4 died on day 11. I have no idea what happened to cause his demise. I found him that morning in a pool of fluids. I removed all the caterpillars to individual containers in case it was catching. So far the remaining three are doing well. 

Here is Corvella, the largest of the three.
My son decided to name them now that they're in separate containers and we can tell them apart. Don't ask me where he got these names from!

This is Nenington, the smallest of the bunch
Here is Clover.
Clover has a bit of silk hanging off his backside. He is preparing to molt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...